Considering whether to own a home or rent an apartment can be a tough choice. However, apartment living has so many great advantages over homeownership. Apartments offer a range of cost savings, facilities, and lifestyle options that owning simply does not. Here are the top seven benefits of living in an apartment;
1. Amenities: Most homeowners do not have the time or money to own the amenities available at apartment complexes. Many amenities like pools, gyms, and parks are available right on site with apartments, but will not be available in single-family homes without heavy investment.
2. Community: Apartment complexes offer strong communities. There are events, shared spaces, and a range of ways to interact with your neighbors and foster relationships within the community of residents.
3. Space: One of the things many people worry about with apartment living is space. However, with affordable options like three-bedroom apartments and townhomes, you can easily expand your space to meet all your needs.
4. Safety: Apartments offer more safety than stand alone homes. Between coded entry, security systems, and close neighbors, you are less likely to experience break-ins at an apartment complex than in a home. They are perfect for people who are living alone.
5. Cost: With all the costs of maintenance, taxes, and insurance associated with owning a home, apartments are simply more affordable. Homeownership is very costly and does not always offer a return on investment. Even on a larger, three-bedroom apartment, you’ll save more money as a renter than owning a small home.
6. Accessibility: Homes are rarely in areas with easy access to the benefits of living in a city. Apartments are found near parks, business districts, and shopping. In an apartment, you’ll have much more access to your ideal lifestyle.
7. Less Commitment: When you buy a home, you are committing to staying in one place for awhile. If a job opportunity presents itself, you find you don’t like the neighborhood, or you need to upgrade, it is timely, difficult, and expensive to move. Apartment living offers more lifestyle flexibility and mobility.
8. Less Maintenance: There’s less cleaning, less maintenance, and less responsibility when you rent an apartment. Meaning you will have more free time to spend doing the things you want, instead of caring for your home.
There are many more advantages to renting an apartment. At Lockwood Family Living, we offer all these benefits and more. Check out our great properties and see how apartment living can improve your life!