Summer is almost over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your outdoor space for one more season. With a little creativity, you can decorate your apartment balcony to be the perfect space to hang out on during the Fall season. Here are some ideas to bring a seasonal edge to your balcony:
Add Some Fall Plants: Don’t leave your planters to sit empty this season. There are plenty of great plants that thrive in the Fall. Here are some of our favorites:
● Pansies: Available in a range of bright colors, these sweet flowers love the Fall temperatures.
● Mums: Mums come in a variety of colors and sizes and will often survive all the way into the early winter.
● Helenium: Similar to daisies, these multiple petal flowers are a great addition to any Fall planter.
● Ornamental Kale: If flowers aren’t your style, ornamental kale’s geometric shapes and bold colors are a great choice.
● Purple Fountain Grass: Another option for people who want something other than flowers, Purple Fountain Grass is a great choice. It’s beautiful, cold tolerant, and offers a unique accent.
Make it cozy: The cool weather means you’ll want a place you can cuddle up and stay warm. Adding comfortable furniture, pillows, and throw blankets will make your balcony a retreat where you can enjoy a warm cup of cider and watch the leaves change. You can also add curtains, which will help define the space and protect you a little from the cool Fall winds.
Add Fall-Themed Decor: Wreaths, pumpkins, and pinecones, all speak to the season. Using these decorative elements around your balcony can really set the mood. The best part is most of these things are inexpensive or can be DIY’d, so you won’t have to invest much to really make your balcony reflect the season.
Don’t Forget Lighting: With the sun going down early, you’ll want to add a little mood lighting to extend the time you can spend on your balcony. Strings of LED lights, candles, and even tabletop tiki pots are great options for adding lighting.
So before you pack up your balcony from the summer season, consider how you can add elements to extend the use of your outdoor space through Fall. Even the smallest balconies can offer a great retreat if decorated right. For more apartment decorating ideas and tips, check out our blog at Lockwood Family Properties.