Exercise is one of the best things that you can do for your health, and a New Year brings the desire to start a fitness plan. If your apartment has 3 bedrooms, you might have the ability to turn one of them into a small workout room. If your apartment has less than 3 bedrooms, you might be hard-pressed to find enough space to do your morning crunches. Lucky for you, there are several ways you can get in shape in any sized apartment.
You can run in place or do jumping jacks, but to avoid alienating your neighbors or your roommates with a noisy workout, try a quiet way to stay in shape. Perform 3 or more rounds of this circuit that provides all of the sweat and none of the noise.
• Plank - Warm up your muscles with a plank. Get into push-up position and hold steady for 30 – 60 seconds.
• Air Squat – Feet apart, knees slightly bent, arms at sides. Bend at the knees and push down as if sitting in a chair. Lower as far down as you can go without letting your knees go out past your toes, then squeeze those glutes as you come back up. Do 15 reps.
• Lunge and hold – Stand with your feet together and take a big step forward with your left foot. Lower your body down until the left knee is over the left foot. Pivot on your right toes to keep balance. Hold for a three-count. Return to standing position and alternate legs. Do 10 reps per leg.
• Single Arm, Single leg – Stand on your left leg and raise your right arm out in front of you. Lower torso and lift your right leg behind you until both are parallel to the floor. Tighten your glutes and return to standing. Alternate sides. Do 10 reps per side.
• Fly low – Lie face down on the floor. Keep your head facing the floor and extend your arms and legs. Lift your arms and legs toward the ceiling to form a U-shape with your body. Hold for 3 seconds and lower back down. Do 15 reps.
• Glute Bridge – Lie on the floor face up. Feet should be flat on the floor with hands at your sides, palms down. Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line. Hold for 2 seconds. Do 15 reps.
• Wall sit – Stand 2 feet away from the wall, facing in the opposite direction. Lean back against the wall and slide into a sitting position with knees bent at 90-degree angle. Contract abs and hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
Lockwood Residential has apartments with 3 bedrooms, 1 bedroom, and a variety of living spaces to meet your needs. Some even include residential fitness centers and swimming pools on the premises to make your exercise options even more plentiful. Stay healthy in a great place to live. Contact us today for more information.