Apartment hunting might just be one of the most difficult tasks that an adult must face. There are a million reasons why you might be looking for a new place to live, but none of those reasons makes it any easier. It tough to narrow down the options. You start thinking about whether you need 3 bedrooms or 2, more than 1 bathroom, or even a dining room.
Zero In On What’s Important
When you’re apartment hunting, there might be a million things you want, a hundred things you need, and zero ways to figure out the balance. The first step is to zero in on the amenities that are important to you.
• Maybe you have a pet, or want to get one in the near future.
• Perhaps you really want to have access to a pool or a fitness center.
• It might be important to have a place with laundry on the premises.
• Location means a lot, whether it’s close to town or a bit further out.
• You might prefer a kitchen with updated appliances, like a dishwasher and garbage disposal.
Make a list, and do your best to use it as a guideline.
Know What You Need
A backyard might be a luxury, but cell phone service is a necessity. Some amenities are nice, but there are several things that are needed. Consider the following things while looking for your next place to live:
• Technology – check for good cell phone reception throughout the apartment and property. Be sure there’s an internet provider who can meet your needs.
• Safety – do a Google search to find crime statistics for the area; how many times have the police been to the complex in the last 6 months?
• Efficiency – make sure the windows are double paned and in good condition to avoid high heating/cooling costs. Test each outlet to make sure they all work.
• Cleanliness – inspect the tops of kitchen cabinets, behind the stove, and along the baseboards for signs of insects, or treatment of insects. Notice any musty smells or watermarks on the ceiling.
If you’re still apartment hunting, Lockwood Residential has plenty of options. 3 bedrooms, backyards, and swimming pools are just a few of them. Contact us before you look at another disappointing place. You’ll be glad to call us home.