Despite a random snowstorm or two, spring has sprung. Springtime has often been associated with renewal and a chance to start fresh. Perhaps this is why spring cleaning is such a popular way to begin a new season.
Where To Start
Spring cleaning your apartment can be a daunting task if you don’t know where to begin. There’s no right or wrong way to start your spring cleaning adventure. Set aside a weekend with these 8 tips, however, and you’ll be amazed at just how lovely your apartment can be.
1) Make a list. One week before your spring cleaning weekend, sit down and write out the important things that you want to accomplish by Sunday evening. Break down tasks by day and make a schedule that includes meals and breaks. This will help you organize your time and your shopping list for cleaning supplies. Pick up supplies during the week.
2) Get rid of the clutter. Go through your apartment and throw away all of the trash. Next, take all of the things that you never use and toss them into a bag to donate. Finally, put items that you actually use from time to time into an area where you can access them when needed.
3) Pack away warm clothing. Pack away your warm clothing into storage bins. Think heavy coats, boots, and thick sweaters. Store them in containers with tight fitting lids to avoid moisture and insects. If you find any clothing that you never wore this past winter, don’t store it; donate it.
4) Go room by room. Start with the living room, the bedroom, or the kitchen, but tackle one place at a time. It’s easier to see the fruits of your labor and feel a sense of accomplishment when a whole room is completed.
5) When in the kitchen. Go through your pantry, cupboards, and refrigerator and throw away anything that’s expired, stale, or just gross. Keep a notepad near you so you can make a list of items that need to be refilled. Wipe down the shelves and doors inside the fridge, as well as the cupboards, as you go along.
6) When in the bathroom. This is a good time to throw away expired medications. Take stock of what you need to replace. Give the bathroom a good scrub and replace that stinky shower curtain with a new one.
7) Do the windows. Nothing feels better than the sunlight shining through your apartment windows, so grab that bottle of cleaner and go to work. Use lint free microfiber cloths for less streaking.
8) Deep clean the floors. If you don’t want to shampoo them, at least give them a good long vacuum. Move it slowly across the carpet to pick up more dust and allergens.
If you’re looking for a new apartment to clean this spring, look no further. With so many living options, we’re sure to have the perfect place that’s right for you. Contact us today for more information.